Welcome to the website of the Project FOSEZA
Food Security in rural Zambia (FOSEZA)
- The FOSEZA project aims to diversify agroforestry systems by integrating traditional fruit trees and vegetable plants into agricultural farming systems:
- Combination of agroforestry and fish farming.
- Diversification of agricultural production systems to promote a balanced diet.
- Investigation of the nutritional sistuation and developement of sustainable diets.
- Developement of agricultural demonstation fields and a tree nursery.
- Introduction of participatory approaches for knowledge transfer and improvement of food distribution within households.
- Capacity building: summer schools, trainings, workshops, Bachelor, Master and doctoral theses as well as provision of scientific laboratory euipment and agricultural equipment.
- Project location: Zambia, Mantapala Area in the Nchelenge District of the Luapula Province and ZARI research station in Mansa
- Team: Project Team comprises a total of around 20 team members, including PhD candidates, bachelor and master students.
- Cooperating partners: Leibniz University Hannover (coordinator), Technical University of Munich, University of Zambia, Copperbelt University, Zambian Agricultural Research Institute (ZARI), Zambian Ministry of Agriculture, Zambian Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock, Zambian Ministry of Health
- Funding organization: Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture (BMEL), implemented by the Federal Office of Agriculture and Food (BLE)
- Duration: 01.11.2016 - 30.04.2020